Sunday, June 14, 2009

… and so the final countdown begins… once and for all.

It’s 7:50 a.m. Sunday morning, and the surgery is scheduled for 7:45 a.m. Monday morning so we’re into the ‘under 24 hours’ final stage of what I like to refer to as ‘The Wait’.

I suppose I can say I’m ready, or rather, as ready as I can be. I know it’s not quadruple by-pass heart surgery (thank G*d), but it is big for me and I’m doing my utmost to scare away any demons that stop by to visit, and welcome only rational thoughts. I have now reached the stage of wanting today to be over with – in fact I wish I was sitting on the operating table at this very moment, getting the spinal. It won’t be long now though and the surgery will be in the past and I will be looking forward to the happy thought of knowing that each day will bring further recovery, mobility and finally, no more pain.

… speaking of….. pain ~ it’s darned severe now that I stopped taking the anti-inflammatory 3 days ago…. I didn’t realize just how much it had been helping :-)….

Only 23 hours and 38 minutes left….

So this is ‘so long’ for a while. The next time I pen my thoughts on Pixie Dust and Dragonflies will be a week or longer from now…. and I promise to fill you in on all the details…. LOL…

Happy Week!

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment